If you know everything there is to know about digital marketing and advertising, you’re probably feeling pretty proud of yourself. However, just like oranges are not the only fruit, digital isn’t the only method of getting your message out there.
Despite the fact that digital advertising has only been a thing since 1994, many marketers are now so focused on this that they forget that there are other more effective options available and, in this article, we’re going to be talking about leaflet delivery – the forgotten marketing gem.
The benefits of leaflet distribution
Since the late 1870s, leaflets have been used to advertise products and services across the globe, and, despite the evolution of technology, including television and the internet, leaflet distribution remains one of the most effective ways for a business to get its message across today.
Despite this, a lot of marketers say that this method is just not on their radar, with many believing that it is outdated and ineffective so, in this article, we’re going to be taking you through some of the very real benefits of leaflet delivery in 2023:
A lot of UK marketers are seduced by the promises made by digital methods of advertising such as PPC – in particular, the claim that they will reach thousands of customers really cheaply and without breaking a sweat. While it’s true that digital methods can reach a lot of people, these methods are rarely as targeted as they would have you believe. Studies show that many digital campaigns still miss the mark when it comes to relevance and accuracy, meaning that, in some cases, money is wasted with every click.
Leaflet marketing, on the other hand, allows for much more precision when it comes to targeting – in fact, not only do you get to choose the area for your delivery, but at DOR-2-DOR, we can help you narrow this further to a particular street and even a particular person on that street to ensure that waste is kept to an absolute minimum.
To have and to hold
If you’re reading this online then there’s a good chance that you’ve also been on social media today and, while scrolling away, you were exposed to a large number of adverts. How many of those adverts did you click on? If the answer to that is ‘none’, you’re not alone.
When surfing the net or scrolling social media, it’s all too easy to simply go scrolling past if something doesn’t immediately grab your attention. Leaflet delivery, however, is a completely different kettle of fish. 79% of respondents say that when they receive a leaflet they will either keep it or pass it on to a friend or family member, and 13% of those say that they’ll hang onto it for at least a week.
You don’t need to be a genius to figure out that this gives your business a much better chance of snagging a new customer than with any digital method.
The best of both worlds
We’ve mentioned that some people see leafleting as old fashioned, and not only is this not the case, but it also lends itself perfectly to the digital world – bridging a gap between something tangible and the world wide web. When putting together an advertising leaflet, QR codes can be included, which, when scanned with a mobile phone, will take the customer directly to your website or landing page. There’s absolutely no need to choose between leaflets and digital.
A very versatile view
At DOR-2-DOR, we offer a number of different distribution methods, making this one of the most versatile types of advertising available. Distribution methods include:
- Shared distribution – With this method, your leaflet is delivered to laser-targeted homes and individuals along with one or more other, non-competing ones. This extremely cost-effective method of advertising is really effective; particularly for businesses that enjoy little competition in a local area.
- Solus distribution – If you prefer to keep all of those customers to yourself, we offer solus distribution whereby only your leaflet will be delivered in any given drop. While a little more expensive than shared drops, this method is an excellent investment for companies that have a fair amount of competition in the region.
- Hand-to-hand distribution – With this method, our team of marketing professionals hit the streets to physically hand your leaflets to members of the public. Our clients with local businesses such as restaurants, hairdressers and shops find this type of campaign to be particularly effective; especially when the leaflet contains a discount or special offer.
- Business-to-business distribution – In an extremely competitive market, B2B marketing can be tough, and many marketers waste hours of their time on ineffective email campaigns and PPC advertising. With B2B leaflet drops, your message is delivered directly to the door of your target businesses, making it a lot harder to ignore than online messaging.
The stats don’t lie – and neither do our customers
All of this is probably quite a lot to take in if you’ve never considered leaflet distribution for your business before, and so we’ll boil it down to the simple statistics:
- 79% of leaflet recipients will keep or pass on their leaflet
- 13% of recipients will keep a leaflet for over a week
- 89% of recipients remember receiving a specific leaflet
- 4% of door drops result in a purchase or other action
- Under 35s now interact with door drops more than any other age group
- 9 out of 10 retail customers say that they are more than happy to receive advertising leaflets through the door
Over the years, we’ve perfected the art of creating cracking leaflet distribution campaigns and the secret to our success is in listening to our customers, including Julian Gilbert of Wealth Matters, who said, “I approached Gareth to do a leaflet drop for one of my customers. Gareth was very helpful and advised me on where and when to drop the leaflets in order to reach my customer’s target market. On top of this, Gareth collected the leaflets personally and even came back after he counted them before distribution and found we had not given him enough! Completely trustworthy, professional and would highly recommend”.
If you’re ready to rediscover the forgotten marketing gem that is leaflet distribution, our friendly, professional and knowledgeable support team are ready to take your call. Brimming with expertise and great ideas, our team can help you every step of the way – from the initial design of your leaflet to choosing the best audience to make sure that you get the right message to the right people at the right time – every time.
To find out more or to request a free, no-obligation quote, get in touch with our team of experts today.